I had a wonderful time making this dress! I collaborated with OrganicCottonPlus.com and chose to use their Ginkos Cotton Sateen to make this little number. You can read about my inspiration and see more pics at their website HERE
For all of you sewers here are some additional details----
I used Simplicity 8332 view B as an inspiration and changed the pattern a bit. I did the following:
1. Added to thebodice length --1" at top and 1" at bottom waist.
2. I cut size 12 and graded to 14 in the hips.
3. I used 3/4" elastic nonroll around shoulders---I prefer thicker elastic for better security.
4. I also used 3/4" nonroll elastic at waist. I joined bodice and skirt together then sewed seam at 1" to partially create my elastic casing. I then serged seam edge all around leaving small opening to insert elastic. Once added, fitted and sewn I just serged opening closed.
5. I also lengthened and widened sleeve.
6. I added a good bit to the length making it assymetrical---shorter in front, longer in the back
7. I skipped waist gathering step and instead made sure waist and bodice were same circumference (requiring I take some out of waist area) and then attached together, and moving on to elastic addition step.
All in all I love this dress! Just my style! I plan to make more. It's a great way to pair up a great print with a fun design!
Until next time,,,,, Happy Sewing!